Monday, July 22, 2013

Topsail Beach - Weeks 26 & 27

We spent last week at Topsail Beach with the Fillibens.  Jamie and I had to go back to work after four days, but luckily for Ford, daycare let him off the whole week :)  




























Right at 26 weeks, I went in for my gestational diabetes test (they test everyone by giving you a glucose drink then taking your blood to test insulin levels).  I failed, so I had to take another test that took three hours and required fasting for 10 hours and taking my blood four times.  Luckily, I passed that one, so no gestational diabetes for me.

I did get some bad news from my OB - they're changing delivery hospitals as of October 1st.  I got this with about 2.5 months notice from them.  I was disappointed, and pissed, but overall we decided I needed to change practices.  I have my first appointment with my new OB tomorrow.  The silver lining is I ended up changing hospitals anyway (but not to the one my old OB is now using) - I'll now be delivering at the same hospital that my mom and I were born in.

26 weeks
27 weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment