Friday, April 26, 2013

Weeks 13, 14, and 15 - It's a...

It's been a great two weeks for us!  Jamie and I both traveled for my brother Rob's and soon-to-be sister-in-law Steph's bach parties.  Baby and I went down to Key West to soak up some rays and get wild off some nonalcoholic beverages. 

On Tuesday, I hit 15 weeks and we went in for another ultrasound.  While is was interesting to get some 3D pictures (but let's face it: all 15-week-old fetuses look the same), we really went in for a confirmation of the sex.  Turns out our OB's 80% guess of a girl at 13 weeks was 100% correct.  Hooray!  I'm not sure if Ford knows what a sister is, but he wants one:

This morning, I did the same cake-cutting gender reveal for my new office as I did with Ford last time around. 

And a 15 week picture:


Recap of Weeks 13 - 15:
  • Lil Fil 2.0 is the size of:  an apple.
  • I have gained: about 3 pounds.
  • I love:  no weird cravings anymore.
  • I hate:  no weird cravings, but still don't love some raw veggies, which is a bummer.
  • I physically feel: pretty normal.  I grew a lot at the beginning but don't feel like my stomach has gotten bigger in the last month or so.  I'm not complaining.
  • I emotionally feel:  excited!  We are thrilled to have a girl.  We've said that we'd be happy either way both times I've been pregnant, which was true; but I preferred a boy last time, and preferred a girl this time, so I feel extremely lucky.  That being said, I'm much more nervous to raise a girl (What if she likes dolls?  What if she'd rather go shopping instead of going to a Panthers game?  What if she's as bratty as I was?!  Or worse, what if she's slutty?!), but I figure we have plenty of time to coerce her.

Oh, and here's a picture of Ford in front of a fire truck.  Because fire trucks are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment