Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Nursery(!)

We've had Lil Fil's room pretty much finished, minus a few little things, for a few weeks now.  It's amazing what I can accomplish well ahead of deadline when it's something I'm actually looking forward to doing.  Now we're just sitting back and waiting two more months (eight and a half more weeks...61 more days...) for him to enjoy it.  Here are some before, during, and after pictures.  

Before:  I'm a little embarrassed to show the before (I promise the rest of our house did and does not look like this!) because the now nursery was our spare room that we never repainted and where we stored all of our mismatched furniture.  But for the full effect, here it is:

During:  We really did do everything ourselves from start to finish (albeit with monetary assistance from my parents for the furniture).
Priming the walls and clearing out the thousands
of dollars of now-worthless law school books.
Painting a neutral wall before we knew the sex.
Adding blue stripes after we found out the
sex (back in November when I still fit in
my size small t-shirts).  Thank you, HGTV.
Building the crib.

After:  You can click on any of the pictures to blow them up.  I had trouble finding wall art I liked that wasn't ridiculously expensive, so I made it on my computer and had it printed at Kinkos.  Also, check out the owl pillows on the glider I found on etsy.com.





2 comments:

  1. H - it looks great! Lil Fil will love it! I love the extra little nook you guys have turned into a "play area' how great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! I found your blog through Logan's, and I love it! Ya'll did a fantastic job on the nursery. I am super impressed! Hope you're feeling well these days!

    ReplyDelete