Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Happenings Part 2 - Weeks 25 & 26

If a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a novel about my holiday.
First up, my 28th birthday dinner and Christmas with the Honeycutts:
28!  Not nearly as dreaded as 27; I think Lil Fil helped with that
(which seems counterintuitive; you'd think a baby would make
you feel older, right?  But I'm not complaining).
At the McNinch House for my birthday dinner.
At my mom and dad's house 
Every baby gift from my mom includes at least a couple of stuffed animals.
Lil Fil doesn't have a single diaper yet, but he has a whole playroom full of animal friends.
Then, to Delaware and Raleigh for Christmas with the Fillibens:
The Fillibens in Delaware on Christmas Eve.
I win! 
I win again!
Finally, on Boxing Day, my friend Cameron and her mom threw me and my two preggo friends a joint baby shower.  So fun for all of my high school friends to get together at one time!
Jennifer (37 weeks), Logan (24 weeks), and Me (26 weeks)
Us pregnant chicks
You'd be surprised how fun it is to open up the same gifts at the same time.
Matching monogrammed onesies from Lo for our boys!
My high school BQs
Soon-to-be mamas with our mamas
Recap of Weeks 25 & 26:
  • Lil Fil is the size of:  like I said, no more fruits.  He's around 2.5 pounds and 15 to 16 inches long, head to toe.
  • I have gained:  About 17 pounds.
  • I physically feel:  pretty darn good, considering.  My friends have back pain, and there are a lot of other horror-story symptoms out there (hemorrhoids! gestational diabetes! toxemia!), none of which I've experienced, so I feel pretty lucky to have missed out on a lot of the bad stuff as of now, even if I go downhill the next three months.
  • I emotionally feel: excited for 2011(!) 
  • Comment(s) of the week:   "What's the baby's name?  Is it Nick?  I think it should be Nick."  - Our 10-year-old cousin Zach.  Sorry, Z-man, it's not Nick.
  • Milestone: Third (and last) trimester!

25 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment